By De Benny
There are times when you are looking for a solution of a problem and nothing seems to help… until you realize that you missed something very stupid.
This happened to me today: I’m playing around a bit with ckeditor and of course, I wanted it to play nice with languages like Hebrew and Greek (for those wondering: I study Theology).
So I tried to have some Hebrew letters as initial values, and what I got looked like this:
This does not look very Hebrew
When I clicked on “Quellcode” which is German for “source code” I saw what I learned is called html entities, 4 or 5 character sets that all started with &. So the Hebrew I entered in the source file as initial value got lost and “translated” into those html entities. I asked google and came to settings like
config.entities = false;
config.htmlEncodeOutput = false;
but they didn’t change a thing. But the solution was rather simple as you can see here:
Things bettered a lot after correcting this:
All of a sudden, the Hebrew text was actually Hebrew and readable. Stupid mistake, took a bit to find out. So if ever you run into a similar situation, be sure to tell your website which encoding you use like so:
and be sure to set the encoding accordingly if you do not use utf-8 like I did.
From: De Benny